Ginger Pork (Shogayaki 豚のしょうが焼き)
Easy, juicy, and soft! The secret of the sauce is grated apple, which makes meat soft. You can use other kinds of meat rather than pork.
(for 4 servings)
- 4 sliced pork (pork loin preferred, approx. 350 g)
- 60 g grated apple (with juice, otherwise 4 tbsp apple juice) : (A)
- 4 tbsp grated ginger (with juice) : (A)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce : (A)
- 2 tbsp Sake or white wine : (A)
- 2 tbsp Mirin : (A)
- 2 tsp sugar : (A)
- all-purpose flour for shifting
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the meat at a slant with a knife. This process prevents the meat from shrinking when it grills.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt to the pork.
- Shift the all-purpose flour.
- Mix the condiments (A) in a bowl.
- Grill the pork on a greased frying pan over medium heat until both sides become golden brown. Toss sauce with pork.
- Serve on a plate.