Meat Stew with Tofu (Niku Tofu)
If you have no time to prepare a meal but want to eat Japanese food, you might consider trying this recipe. Cooking time is only about 15 mins!
(for 2 – 3 servings)
- 200 g thinly sliced pork or beef
- 200 g Shirataki (Konnyaku noodles)
- 1 tub tofu
- 1 onion
- 50 mL soy sauce : (A)
- 50 mL mirin : (A)
- 50 mL Sake : (A)
- 50 mL water : (A)
- Cut the onion into wedges.
- Boil the Shirataki for 3 – 4 minutes. Drain the water and cut into bite-size lengths. Cut the sliced meat into bite-size chunks.
- Place Tofu in a strainer. Leave it for 20~30 minutes. This process prevents the broth from becoming watery and helps the tofu soaks the broth.
- Add the condiment (A) in a pan and heat until it boils. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add Shirataki and mix them. Then cover them with sliced meat.
- Cut the tofu into eight equal pieces.
- Turn the heat on and cook it until it boils with a lid. Then cook it over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Open the lid and mix all the ingredients a few times.
- Place the tofu and simmer the pot with a lid for 3 minutes.
- Now your meal is ready. If you leave the pan for a while, the ingredients soak the broth more.