Daikon radish leaves have 5.5 times more Vitamin C, 1.5 times more iron and 5.3 times more calcium than spinach does. Why don’t you try this recipe?
- Daikon radish leaves: 180 g
- Canned tuna: 1
- Ginger: 40 g
- Rice: 540 g
- Water: 480 mL (including soy sauce and cooking Sake)
- Kombu kelp: approximately 10 cm
- Soy sauce: 2.5 tbsp
- Cooking Sake: 2 tbsp
- Roasted sesame seeds: adjust to suit your taste
- Rinse some rice (To learn how to rinse rice, check this page).
- Cut ginger into thin strips. Cut Daikon radish leaves into small pieces.
- When the rice is soaked, put it in a pot with all liquids. Stir a few times.
- Put the Kombu kelp, Daikon radish leaves, ginger and canned tuna.
- Cook the rice. Check this page to learn how to cook rice. I used a rice cooker.
- When the rice is cooked, mix it with a rice paddle. Serve in a bowl. Sprinkle the sesame seeds.
- Now your Takikomi Gohan is ready!