Hot Spring Eggs (Onsen Tamago,温泉卵)
Onsen Tamago is a Japanese egg originally cooked in hot springs, where the white has a soft and unique texture.
You can enjoy Onsen Tamago with soy sauce and freshly cooked rice as a part of breakfast. Also, you can enjoy as toppings for gyudon, curry rice.
- Egg: as many as you want.
- Pour some water into a saucepan. Heat it until it comes to a boil.
- Place some eggs in the saucepan and turn the heat off.
- Leave it for 15 minutes without a lid.
- Soak the eggs in cold water.