Furikake is toppings for cooked rice. If you don’t want to waste Daikon radish greens and turnip greens, please try this quick recipe. Sprinkle over freshly cooked rice. Also, you can sprinkle over grated Daikon radish. It can be a good friend of white wine.
- Daikon radish greens (or turnip greens): 1 branch (approximately 120 g)
- Chirimenjako (boiled and dried sardines, if any): 25~50 g
- Sesame seeds: adjust to suit your taste
- Dried bonito flakes: adjust to suit your taste
- Sesame oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Cooking Sake: 2 tbsp
- Chop Daikon radish greens into small pieces.
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan over high heat. Pan-fry chopped greens. Add Chirimenjako in the frying pan.
- Turn the heat to medium. Add cooking Sake and salt. Keep pan-frying until the broth cooks out. Add sesame seeds. Add dried bonito flakes and mix.
- Sprinkle over grated Daikon radish.