Sea Bream Rice (Taimeshi, 鯛めし)
Would you like to try Japanese local food of Ehime prefecture? Sea bream fillets are used in this recipe so that we can cook Taimeshi easily.
- 2 fillets of sea bream
- 10 cm of kombu kelp sheet.
- 450 g of rice
- 2 tablespoons of cooking sake
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 600 cc of water
- Sprinkle salt to sea bream fillet to remove excess moisture and smell of fish. About 10 minutes later, drain water with paper towels.
- Grill the fillets to brown their skins.
- Rinse some rice and soak it. To learn how to rinse rice, see this page.
- Wipe off the dirt and dust from the kombu kelp with paper towels.
- After the rice was soaked, put it on a pot. Then add all ingredients in it.
- Cook the rice. To learn how to cook rice, see this page.
- After finished cooking, mix the rice.
- Serve in a nice bowl. Now your taimeshi is ready! いただきます!