Scrambled Tofu (Iridofu, 炒り豆腐)
Want to save cooking time? Then you may consider cooking scrambled tofu. Try it with some freshly cooked rice!
(for 3 – 4 servings)
- Tofu: 1 tab
- Shiitake mushroom: 1
- Carrot: 3 ~ 4 cm
- Onion: 1/4
- Ground chicken: 100 g
- Egg: 1
- Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons (A)
- Cooking sake: 1 tablespoon (A)
- Mirin: 1 tablespoon (A)
- Dashi: 1/2 cup (A) (To learn how to make dashi, check this page.)
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon (A)
- Remove water from the tofu.
- Reconstruct a shiitake mushroom. Chop all vegetables into small pieces.
- Mix (A) together.
- Pour the sesame oil into a frying pan and warm over high heat. Put tofu and crumble it with stir-frying.
- Add minced chicken and keep stirring. When the meat changes colour, add all vegetables and (A). Turn the heat to medium and cook to reduce the broth.
- Beat an egg. When the broth is reduced to half, add the beaten egg. When the egg starts to set, stir in a circular motion 15 to 20 times. Now your Scrambled tofu is ready. いただきます(Itadakimasu)!