Vegan Takikomi-Gohan (Japanese Paella, 炊き込みご飯)
My favourite Takikomi-Gohan. You can try all the ingredients!
- (3~4 servings)
- 150 g of mushrooms (e.g. shitake mushrooms)
- 1 small carrot (about 80 g)
- 1 piece of deep-fried tofu
- 10 cm of dried kombu kelp
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cooking Sake (otherwise, white wine)
- 450 g of uncooked rice
- 620 cc of water (including soy sauce and cooking sake)
- Wash and soak uncooked rice.
- Pour some boiling water over deep-fried tofu to remove excess oil.
- Prepare all ingredients. Slice carrot, mushrooms, and the deep-fried tofu.
Any mushrooms are ok. I prepared Shimeji mushrooms and king oyster mushrooms today.
- Drain water from the uncooked rice. Put the rice in a pot. Then add soy sauce, cooking Sake and water.
- Remove dust from dried kombu kelp with paper towels. Put the kombu in the pot. Put all ingredients in the pot.
- Cook the rice with ingredients. To check how to cook rice, see this page.
I cooked in a rice cooker this time.
- Mix the rice and all ingredients. And serve in a lovely bowl. Now your Takikomi-Gohan is ready! いただきます！