Homemade Udon Noodles (手打ちうどん)
Just step on udon, with your friend, your kids, and your families!
(for 2 servings)
- 150 g of all-purpose flour
- 150 g of bread flour
- 15 g of salt 15g
- 130 cc of water
- 6 tablespoons of bread flour (for dusting)
- Dissolve salt in water.
- Add 2 to all-purpose flour and bread flour. Knead in a bowl. The dough at this point is very shaggy and rough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Leave the dough at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Then you put the dough in a large thick plastic bag. Wrap the plastic bag in a towel.
- Kneed with your feet. The kneading with your feet gives the noodles chewy texture.
- Leave the dough at room temperature for 3~4 hour.
- Roll out the flatten dough and try to make it roughly rectangular in shape. Then you fold it into thirds and slice it into 5mm ribbons.
- Add the noodles in hot boiling water, using chopsticks and slightly stir the noodles and help separate them. After the noodles are cooked after for 9 minutes, drain the noodles and rinse under cold running water so that they cool rapidly.
[ Who writes this blog? – Click here to learn about the author of this blog. ]