A perfect quick lunch menu. You can enjoy it the soup itself but I strongly recommend it with grilled onigiri and an Onsen Tamago.
(for 2 servings)
- 240 g Japanese mustard spinach (otherwise spinach)
- 40 g carrot
- 150 g mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp dashi powder
- 2 cups water
- Sesame oil for seasoning
- Salt for seasoning
- Black pepper for seasoning
- 1 grilled onigiri (See this page for the recipe.)
- 1 Onsen Tamago (See this page for the recipe.)
- Prepare the vegetable soup. Slice the mushrooms. Cut the mustard spinach into bite-size length. Cut the carrot into rectangular slices.
- Prepare a saucepan and heat the water until it comes to a boil.
- Add the dashi powder, mustard spinach stalks, mushrooms and the carrot. Heat it over medium-high heat.
- Add the mustard spinach leaves until they are cooked.
- Season with the sesame oil and the black pepper.
- Serve the soup in a bowl. Place the grilled onigiri and an Onsen Tamago.