Stuffed Fried Tofu is very useful. Not only for every day’s main dish but for bento menu. It goes well with beer. Cooking time is 30 mins.
- 4 sheets of fried tofu
- 200 g of minced meat (pork or chicken)
- 50 g of carrot
- 10 cm of green onion
- 10 g of Oba (Japanese basil, otherwise basil)
- (A) 200 mL of Dashi Broth
- (A) 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- (A) 2 tbsp of cooking Sake
- (A) 1 tbsp of sugar
- 8 toothpicks (or snap a spaghetti noodle to approximately 8 cm long and make 8 sticks.): You don’t have to remove sticks when you use spaghetti noodle sticks.)
- Oba (otherwise basil, for topping)
- Roasted sesame (for topping)
- Chop the carrot, the green onion, and the Oba into small pieces.
- Cut the fried tofu into halves.
- Knead the minced meat until it becomes sticky. Then add chopped ingredients to the meat and mix them.
- Open the fried tofu pockets carefully, and stuff fillings into the fried tofu.
- Stick the toothpick or the spaghetti stick into the stuffed fried tofu to close.
- Put condiments (A) in a pan and heat it until it comes to a boil.
- Place the stuffed tofu and simmer it over medium-low heat over 10 minutes.
- Cut the Oba into thin strips.
- When it is cooked, leave the pan for a while. Cut it in half and serve on a plate. Sprinkle the roasted sesame and the Oba.