This recipe might be complicated, but I promise you will be satisfied with this seafood curry. You must try it!
- 8 shrimps
- 2 whole bodies of squid
- 300 g of clams (cockle)
- 800 mL of Dashi broth (otherwise 800 mL of water and 1 tbsp of Dashi powder)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp of grated ginger
- 2 tbsp of grated garlic
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 50 ~ 100 mL of white wine
- 3 tbsp of yoghurt
- 50 mL of ketchup
- Proper amounts of black pepper
- 2 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of flour
- Proper amounts of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of coriander seed powder
- 0.5 tsp of cardamom powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- Cooked rice
- Peel and devein shrimp. Cut squid body into rings. Chop squid legs into small pieces. Wash clam shells thoroughly. Do not throw shrimp shells away.
- Sprinkle black pepper and salt over the shrimp and the squid.
- Roast shrimp shells in a frying pan. When the shells become red and smell nice, add Dashi broth or water and Dashi powder.
- When it boils, add clams and heat the pan until all clams open. Strain the broth(seafood broth). Remove clam meat from the shell.
- Saute or microwave the chopped onion.
- Prepare another frying pan and heat olive oil and grated garlic and ginger. When they smell nice, add the shrimps and the squid body and saute. Do not add the squid legs yet.
- Add white wine to the pan and steam the shrimps and the squid with a lid. When they are cooked, remove them from the pan.
- Add the clam meat, the onion, the squid legs, spice (excluding garam masala), and flour and stir-fry.
- Add the seafood broth, ketchup, and soy sauce and simmer it for 15 minutes. The broth becomes thicker.
- Add yoghurt and garam masala and mix them.
- Serve on a plate with the shrimp and the squid.