Japanese Paella with Daikon Radish Leaves and Tuna (Takikomi Gohan with Daikon Radish Leaves andTuna, 大根とツナの炊き込みご飯)
Daikon radish leaves have 5.5 times more Vitamin C, 1.5 times more iron and 5.3 times more calcium than spinach does. Why don’t you try this recipe?
- Daikon radish leaves: 180 g
- Canned tuna: 1
- Ginger: 40 g
- Rice: 540 g
- Water: 480 mL (including soy sauce and cooking Sake)
- Kombu kelp: approximately 10 cm
- Soy sauce: 2.5 tbsp
- Cooking Sake: 2 tbsp
- Roasted sesame seeds: adjust to suit your taste
- Rinse some rice (To learn how to rinse rice, check this page).
- Cut ginger into thin strips. Cut Daikon radish leaves into small pieces.
- When the rice is soaked, put it in a pot with all liquids. Stir a few times.
- Put the Kombu kelp, Daikon radish leaves, ginger and canned tuna.
- Cook the rice. Check this page to learn how to cook rice. I used a rice cooker.
- When the rice is cooked, mix it with a rice paddle. Serve in a bowl. Sprinkle the sesame seeds.
- Now your Takikomi Gohan is ready!