Stuffed Eggplant (なすの肉詰め)
Eggplants don’t have strong tastes themselves. But once cooked with meat, they soak its broth well and become very tasty. They are excellent supporting actors!
(for 3 servings)
- Eggplant: 3
- Minced meat (pork or chicken): 150 g
- Onion (chopped): 50 g
- Tofu: 25 g
- Grated garlic: 1 tsp
- Dashi powder (if any, otherwise chicken soup powder): 1.5 tsp
- Black pepper: adjust to taste
- All-purpose flour: for dusting
- Oil: for frying
- Soy sauce: adjust for taste (Optional)
- Cut tips off of eggplants and hollow out them with a spoon. Shift all-purpose flour inside the eggplants.
- Chop the eggplant pulp into small pieces. Add 2 dashes of salt and rub well. When the excess water releases, drain it thoroughly.
- Put minced meat and Tofu in a bowl and knead well. Add chopped onion and eggplant pulp to the bowl and mix them well.
- Stuff the eggplant with the fillings.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and grill the eggplants the filling side until they become golden brown over medium-high heat. Remove the excess liquid and flip them over. Add some oil and fry them.
- Serve on a plate and dress soy sauce for your taste. Now your stuffed eggplants are ready!