Oba, Japanese basil, is a very popular Japanese herb. Maybe it’s not easy to get Oba in your countries, so let me introduce a Sushi recipe used fresh basil instead. You might consider this recipe for home parties!
- Uncooked rice: 400 mL
- Water: 380 mL
- Kombu kelp: 5 cm
- (A) Sugar: 3 tbsp
- (A) Rice vinegar: 50 mL
- (A) Lemon juice: 10 mL
- Salmon fillets: 2
- Fresh basil: adjust to suit your taste
- Roasted sesame seeds: adjust to suit your taste
- Rinse the uncooked rice and soak the rice (to check how to rinse the rice, check this page).
- Remove dust from the kombu kelp. Put the rice and water in a pot or a rice cooker, and place the kombu kelp.
- Slice the fresh basil into strips and soak in water.
- Boil the salmon fillets over medium-low heat for 5~7 minutes, and remove the bones of the salmon meat.
- Put the condiments (A) in a bowl and stir well, and add the boiled salmon fillets. Break the salmon fillets into flakes.
- When the rice is cooked, put it in a large bowl. Add (A) with the salmon flakes in the bowl, and mix.
- Drain the fresh basil with some kitchen towels, add to the bowl, and mix.
- Serve in a nice bowl. Sprinkle some sesame seeds. Decorate some fresh basil leaves.
- Now your salmon sushi with basil is ready. Itadakimasu!