Learn Japanese mum’s home cooking! When I was a little girl, I didn’t like buri daikon very much, because of fish smell. However, it brings back my memories of my childhood now.
- Yellowtail fillets: 2
- White radish: 15 cm
- All-purpose flour: 1 Tsp
- Soy sauce: 2 tbsp
- Mirin: 2 tbsp
- Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Grated ginger: 1/2 tbsp
- Dashi broth: 1 cup
- Peel a white radish thickly. Slice it into 2 cm thick. (Keep the white radish skin. You can use it for another dish, Daikon Kimpira!)
- Dissolve all-purpose flour in 3 tbsp of water and add them to water in a pot. Parboil the white radish and rinse it with running water.
- Sprinkle salt over yellowtail fillets, leave them for 10 minutes and rinse them with running water thoroughly.
- Pour boiling water onto the yellowtail fillets and rinse with running water thoroughly.
- Put dashi and all condiments and bring to a boil. Then add the yellowtail and the radish. Drop a piece of aluminum foil and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes. Boil down until the Dashi broth becomes one third. Now your yellowtail and white radish simmered in soy sauce is ready. いただきます(Itadakimasu)!