Simmered Hijiki Sea Vegetable (ひじきの煮物)
I like simmered Hijiki. You can mix this with freshly cooked rice. Hijiki sea vegetable has lots of minerals and fibres.
- Hijiki sea vegetable: 10 g
- Carrot: 1/2 (approximately 70 g)
- Deep fried Tofu: 1
- Sesame oil: 1 tsp
- Dashi powder: 1 tsp
- Soy sauce: 2 tbsp
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Sake: 2 tbsp
- Mirin: 2 tbsp
- Reconstitute Hijiki sea vegetables and rinse to remove dust and sands. Cut a carrot into very thin strips. Cut a sheet of deep fried Tofu into thin strips.
- Stir-fry Hijiki sea vegetables and the carrot with a frying pan.
- Pour in enough water to cover the ingredients to simmer over medium heat.
- When small bubbles pop out, add all condiments and cover with an aluminum foil.
- Simmer over medium heat until the broth is reduced.