Spinach Salad with Tofu Dressing (Horenso Shiraae, ほうれん草の白和え)
“Shiraae” is a salad dressed with ground white sesame seeds, miso and Tofu, which goes well with white wine. Bon appetite!
(for 2~3 servings)
- Tofu (regular(Momen)): 1/2 tub (approximately 180g)
- Spinach: 1/2 bunch
- Carrot: 1/2
- (A) Miso: 1/2 tbsp
- (A) Dashi broth (optional): 2 tsp
- (A) Soy sauce: 1 tsp
- (A) Grated sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
- Blanch Spinach, cut into bite-size length and drain excess water. Cut a carrot into long thin strips and blanch.
- Place Tofu in a strainer and crush it. Leave it for 20~30 minutes.
- Drain water with a cloth. Don’t squeeze it too much.
- Put crushed Tofu in a large bowl and stir it.
- Add condiments (A) to the bowl and mix them.
- Add the vegetables to the bowl and mix them. Now your Shiraae is ready. いただきます(Itadakimasu)!