Do you know thick fried Tofu goes well with tomato? I can eat freshly cooked rice forever with this dish.
- Thick fried Tofu: 1 tub
- Onion: 1/2
- Green bell pepper: 1(approximately 40 g)
- Mushroom (any kinds): proper amount
- Canned tomato: 1
- Minced meat (pork or chicken): 300 g
- Salt: 2 pinches
- (A) Chopped onion: 1/4
- (A) Black pepper: proper amount
- (A) Grated ginger: 1 tbsp
- (A) Sake (or white wine): 1 tbsp
[Sweet and sour sauce]
- (B) Vinegar: 2 tbsp
- (B) Soy sauce: 1 tbsp
- (B) Sugar: 1 tbsp
- (B) Sake (or white wine): 1 tbsp
- Starch: 1.5 tbsp
- Water: 2 tbsp
- Put minced meat in a large bowl, sprinkle salt and knead them until they become sticky.
- Add ingredients (A) and mix them. Shape the mixture into bite-size meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in a frying pan and cover with a lid. Cook them over medium heat.
- Cut a green bell pepper and mushrooms into bite-size chunks. Cut an onion into wedges.
- While cutting vegetables, roll the meatballs.
- When the meatballs become golden brown, add all vegetables and canned tomatoes. Cover with the lid again.
- Add condiments (B) in a small bowl and mix them.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the mixture (B) and mix them.
- When small bubbles pop up, turn the heat off. Dissolve starch in water, add to the pan and mix them.
- Heat the pan over medium-low heat until the sauce becomes thick.
- Now your Japanese Meatballs are ready. いただきます(Itadakimasu)!