Many Japanese kids love patties! Tofu, one of the most healthy Japanese ingredients, is used in this recipe.
- Onion (chopped): 1/2
- Minced pork: 75g
- Minced beef: 75g
- Tofu: 1/2 tub
- Panko breadcrumbs (or simply, breadcrumbs): 1/2 cup
- Egg: 1
- Salt: 2 dashes
- Black pepper: 2 dashes
- Asparagus: 6 sticks
- Sunflower oil: 1 tablespoon
- Mentsuyu: 50 cc (or 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of mirin)
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Watered potato starch: 1 teaspoon of starch + 1 tablespoon of water
- Cut asparagus into bite-size length. Chop an onion into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, soak panko in crushed tofu and egg until the panko become soft.
- Add minced meat, pepper, salt and nutmeg in a bowl. Knead all them together.
- Add chopped onion and mix them.
- Mix mentsuyu and water.
- Divide the meat into three equal parts. Pat them into flat ovals.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Grill the meat on the frying pan until the bottom sides become golden brown.
- Flip them over and steam with a lid until they are cooked.
- When they are cooked, turn the heat off and serve on a plate.
- Remove excess oil from the pan and the mixture of mentsuyu and water and heat them. Add watered starch to the pan. Turn the heat when the sauce become thick.
- Put the sauce on the patty. Now your Tofu patty is ready. いただきます(Itadakimasu)!