Pounded cucumber Salad (Tataki kyuri, きゅうりの叩き)
What? Pound cucumbers? You might be shocked. But trust me, this process makes cucumber much tastier! You can make them in a plastic bag and bring them to a BBQ party.
- Cucumber : 3 (Approximately 360 g)
- Oyster sauce: Adjust for your taste
- Salt: 1 tsp or less
- Sesame oil: 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds: Adjust for your taste
- Cut off both ends of cucumbers. Pound the cucumbers with a rolling pin. Cut these into bite-size chunks.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl or a plastic bag. Mix them all together.
- Marinate them in a fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Now your pounded cucumber is ready. Itadakimasu!