Soup curry is a Japanese local food in Sapporo, capital of Hokkaido. You can use anything you like for toppings. Today, I used chicken legs, green bell pepper, and Japanese mushrooms.
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Garlic: 1 clove (chopped)
- Dried basil: 1 tsp
- Garam masala: 2 tsp
- Coriander: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Curry powder: 2 tbsp
- Water 600 mL
- White wine: 100 mL
- Chicken soup powder: 1 tbsp
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- Soy sauce: 1 tbsp
- Salt: adjust for your taste
- 2 chicken legs
- Oyster mushrooms: approximately 70 g
- Bell pepper: as much as you want
- Black pepper: adjust for your need
- Boiled egg 1
- Chop an onion and a clove of garlic. Cut bell peppers into large chunks. Boil an egg and peel the eggshell and cut it longwise.
- Season chicken legs with black pepper. Place the chicken legs on a frying pan skin side down and grill them. When they become golden brown, flip them over and grill the other side.
- Prepare a pot and heat oil with chopped garlic and dried basil over low heat until the garlic becomes golden brown.
- Put all spices into the pot. Fry them over low heat for about 5 minutes. Then, add the chopped onion and fry them for about 5 more minutes.
- Add water, white wine, soy sauce, chicken soup powder and sugar and heat over medium heat. When small bubbles pop out, add the chicken legs and oyster mushrooms. Heat over medium-high heat for 10~15 minutes with skimming the scum of the soup.
- Add bell pepper and simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve in a nice bowl and put a boiled egg. Now your soup curry is ready. いただきます( Itadakimasu)!