Good combination of salmon, shiitake mushrooms and garlic soy sauce!
- Salmon fillet: 2
- 540 cc of rice
- Garlic: 2 cloves (chopped)
- Shiitake mushroom: 4 (sliced)
- Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Cooking sake: 3 tablespoons
- Dashi: 600cc (including cooking sake and soy sauce)
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper: for taste
- Sesame seeds: 3 teaspoons
- Rinse the rice (To learn how to rinse rice, check this page).
- Finely chop the garlic. Slice the shiitake mushrooms.
- After the rice is soaked, put it in a pot. And add the soy sauce, the cooking sake, and the water, the garlic, the shiitake mushrooms and the salmon fillets in the pot.
- Cook the rice. Check this page to learn how to cook rice. I used a rice-cooker this time.
- When rice is cooked, mix the rice and all the ingredients with a rice paddle to break salmon meat. Serve in a bowl and sprinkle sesame seeds and black pepper.
- Now your salmon and shiitake Takikomi-Gohan is ready! いただきます!
- Making onigiri with this Takikomi-Gohan is also nice! You can learn how to make onigiri here.