Do you like fish and marinated vegetable? I recommend this dish. Any fish is OK. Try your own Marinated fish Japanese style!
- 200 g of mackerel (Fillet into 3 pieces)
- 2 bell peppers (70 g)
- 1/2 of onion
- 1/2 of carrot (70 g)
- Starch (Adjust to suit your needs.)
- Black pepper (For taste)
- Salt (For taste)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of mirin (otherwise 1 tablespoon of cooking sake and 1 teaspoon of sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Remove small bones from mackerel fillets. Sprinkle salt then drain the excess water with paper towels. Then cut the fillets into halves. Sprinkle black pepper.
- Slice all vegetables in 5 mm thick.
- Put soy sauce, vinegar, mirin and sugar in a pan. Add the vegetables and heat the pan until it boils. Once it boils, turn the heat off immediately.
- Dust fish with starch and deep fry until it becomes golden brown.
- Place the fish and vegetable in a vat and marinate for 30 minutes in a fridge.
- Serve and your marinated Japanese horse mackerel is ready! いただきます!