Fluffy Walnut Bread (くるみパン)
Perhaps this cannot be called Japanese cuisine. But we certainly have different types of bread. Japanese people love fluffy bread like this.
- Bread flour: 250g
- Butter: 30g
- Sugar: 30g
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- Salt: 4g
- Water: 160g
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- Walnut: 50g
- Beaten egg: adjust to suit your needs
- Roast the walnuts in an oven for 7 minutes at 160°C.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, bread flour, and salt.
- Turn onto a table; knead until smooth and elastic. Add some butter, and knead more few minutes.
- Add some walnuts to the dough and knead to mix them together.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover, and rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Punch the dough down, and divide the dough into six parts. Cover divided dough with a wrung-out towel; leave them for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and hold gently to make a circle about 1 cm thick. Make 6 snicks toward the centre of the dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and leave them for 60 minutes at room temperature.
- Coat the dough with a beaten egg; Bake at 360°F (180°C) for 15 minutes.