When I was a kid, I didn’t like bell peppers. But mum’s stuffed bell peppers made me change my mind about this vegetable.
- 150 g of minced pork
- 150 g of minced beef
- 1/2 of onion (chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of starch
- 1 teaspoon of white wine
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (if any, otherwise olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Sake (if any, otherwise wine)
- Put minced meat, egg, starch, wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, and fresh ginger juice into a bowl. Mix them until they become sticky.
- Add chopped onions to the bowl and mix them.
- Cut bell peppers lengthwise in half. Shift starch inside.
- Stuff the filling into the bell pepper.
- Drip a little oil into a frying pan. Heat the oil and place the stuffed bell peppers, stuffed side down. Turn the heat down to low heat.
- Cover with a lid and steam the stuffed bell peppers for 7~8 minutes until they are cooked.
- When the stuffed bell peppers are cooked, wipe off excess oil from the frying pan. Add all ingredients for sauce and simmer over medium-high heat to boil the sauce down. And now, the stuffed bell peppers are ready! いただきます！