Oyako Don (親子丼, Chicken and Eggs Bowl)
“Oyako” means “a parent and a kid” in Japanese.
Not to mention, Oya = Chicken, Ko = Eggs.
- 1 piece of chicken thigh
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 of onion
- consomme bouillon: 1 cube consume broth
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- cooking sake : 3 tablespoons ( white wine is also okay)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 160 cc of water
- 400 g of cooked rice
- Cut the onion into wedges. Cut chicken into bite-size chunks.
- Put some water, consommé bouillon, soy sauce, cooking sake and sugar in a pan, then boil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Then, add the chicken and simmer over medium heat again for about 4 minutes.
- Beat eggs lightly. Then add 2/3 of them to the pan. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 2 minutes with a lid.
Use two pairs of chopsticks, and don’t beat too much.
- Add the rest of beaten eggs and boil at medium heat for 10 seconds.
- Put them over the freshly cooked rice.