Tuna Rice ball (Tuna Onigiri, ツナおにぎり)
How to make Onigiri in a perfect triangle? Let’s learn Japanese traditional lunch! You can put any ingredients as you like, such as cheese and avocados. Be creative!
(for 1 piece of Onigiri)
- 200 g of cooked rice (to learn how to prepare cooked rice, check this page.)
- 2 dashes of salt
- Canned tuna (mixed with mayonnaise and black pepper)
- Nori (dried seaweed, optional)
- Cut wrapping film to a length of about 30 cm. Spread it on a table, and sprinkle 2 dashes of salt.
- Spread cooked rice on the middle of the wrapping film.
- Put some tuna on the position shown in the picture below.
Today’s filling is tarako (cod roe).
- Hold the end of the wrapping film. And fold back from the non-filling side in half.
- Fold the end of the film and make a triangle to hold gently.
- Spread the film to remove between the rice.
- Wrap the rice with film again. Hold gently to shape into a triangle.
- Roll some nori as you like. Now your Onigiri is ready! いただきます!
[ Who writes this blog? – Click here to learn about the author of this blog. ]