Daigaku Imo is one of the most popular Japanese snacks. It was originally sold near Tokyo University. I remember my mom cooked it for me.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (cut into random shapes)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 60 g of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of Sake (or white wine)
- 2 tablespoons of black sesame
- Wash sweet potatoes well, and cut into random shapes. Put them in water for 10 minutes. Then drain the water.
- Put the oil in a large frying pan, then place the potatoes. Then, heat at medium high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Turn to medium-low heat, and deep fry until golden brown.
- Put soy sauce, sake, and sugar into a bowl and stir.
- Put them in a frying pan, and heat at low heat until it boils. Then, turn off the heat and put potatoes and sesame seeds into the frying pan to coat them with syrup.