Boiled Fish (魚の煮付け)
Simple and healthy! I can eat at least 3 bowls of rice with it!
- 1~ 4 fillets of fish (I prepared a fillet of sole today)
- A sprinkling of salt
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of cooking sake (Otherwise white wine)
- 1/2 cup of mirin (otherwise 1/2 cup of sake and 50 g of sugar)
- 1/2 cup of water
- (Soy sauce : Cooking sake : Mirin : Water = 1:1:1:1)
- 1 thumb-size piece of ginger
- Sprinkle salt on all side of fish. And leave it for about 10 minutes at room temperature. Water comes out.
- Press the fish between paper towels to dry surfaces thoroughly.
- Put soy sauce, cooking sake, mirin, water and sugar in a frying pan. Heat them until it boils.
- Put fish in the pan. Simmer over low-medium heat with pouring broth over the fish.
- Drop a piece of aluminium foil directly on the fish to cover it entirely and simmer for 10~15 minutes.
- After simmering, turn off the heat. Then leave the fish for 5 minutes.
- Serve carefully so that it doesn’t break up.
- Cut ginger into fine stripes. And serve them on the fish.
- Now your simmered fish is ready. いただきます!